Finding it hard to stick to your goals? Here are some tips that will make it easy:
- Have focussed & specific goals -they will keep you more motivated & inspired. For eg, a goal; like ‘i want to make 15% more revenue by the end of this year’ rather than ‘i want to make more money’ will help channelise your efforts in a more definite direction. Goals will also be more accessible if they are broken into more concrete & precise objectives.
- With changing technology, government decisions & markets, your set goals may need to change too. Don’t set your goals in stone and be ready to be flexible, else you will lose more than you gain.
- Spend some time daydreaming about your goals. It will keep you constantly inspired & engaged with your goal and you will explore different perspectives.
- Learn to take a break and give breathing space to your mind. An overworked & tired mind will not give the best results. Like every machine, your brain too needs some lubrication in the form of a short trip, an outing or even a sport or game.
- Never stop the process of learning. Be it workshops, lectures or seminars attend them, listen to & meet people-their success & failure stories will enlighten your journey. Keep reading & attending meets where you can share your questions, answers by senior mentors or business coaches will help your learning curve.
- Develop good habits and give up the old and unworthy ones. For eg, if your goal is to be able to complete all your work you set on doing on a daily basis, you have to develop habits which will help you be more organised, for eg keeping your desk tidy or avoiding distraction from phones or colleagues.
- Learn to have some fun along the way. Friends family & colleagues provide a good support system, make time for them. A good work-life balance is imperative for the achievement of your goals. Fun will keep you motivated & inspired and your goals will not feel like a burden.